Chef Bubba brings his own present on the 6th Day of Christmas!
December 6, 2008
Mes amis, I have just finished the morning rush at The Redneck Cafe. So many biscuits and gravy! I say to myself "Ah, I know the Fabric Maverick would love to have an easy breakfast for Christmas morning !" She is so pampered that one, but amazingly sweet. Her talents lie somewhere other than the kitchen. I need to help her as much as possible. Most of the preparation for this dish is the night before, so you will have time to open your many presents.
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb. hot or mild pork sausage
1 (32 oz) package frozen hash browns w/ onions and peppers
1 cup Cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1/2 c milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Spray 13" x 9" baking dish with no stick cooking spray. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unroll crescent roll dough, and press on bottom and partially sides of 13" x 9" baking dish. Press perforations to seal. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
3. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and sprinkle evenly over crust.
4. Prepare frozen hash browns according to package directions, and spoon evenly over sausage. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over hash browns. (Cover and chill up to 24 hours, if you wish) Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients: pour evenly over cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
This will make 8 servings. You may also use a 12" deep dish pizza pan.
I love to serve this with sweet rolls and a fruit dish such as ambrosia.
Enjoy, mes amis.
TrackBack URL: https://blog.fabric.com/cgi-bin/mt5/mt-tb.cgi/4002