The Fabric Maverick says... It is time to find out your denim IQ.
August 28, 2008
Since school has just started, I think it is time to have a pop quiz. In true academic style, we will make it a true or false test. I am sure it will be easy for you. Brings back memories doesn't it! Since denim is a favorite fabric for school, this is a perfect subject. Circle the correct answer.
- True or False Denim originated in America.
- True or False Denim and blue jeans are considered the same.
- True or False Loeb Strauss began a business selling clothing to the miners in the Gold Rush. He later changed his name to Levi.
- True or False Cowboys in the movies made jeans popular.
- True or False Denim is considered a symbol of revolution.
- True or False The original name for denim was waist overalls.
- True or False Before the 1930's, denim was only sold west of the Mississippi.
- True or False Bing Crosby was denied hotel accommodations in 1951 because he was wearing blue jeans.
- True or False Zippers were not used in blue jeans until the mid 1950s.
- True or False Denim has never been out of fashion.
Because unlike the magazines I cannot print my answers upside down, I will give the answers tomorrow. If you can answer these questions correctly, then you know your denim. Let me know how well you do. As usual I want to see if someone does better than me. I know my sister will let me know how well she does.
TrackBack URL: https://blog.fabric.com/cgi-bin/mt5/mt-tb.cgi/3966