Victoria Bryant: December 2011 Archives
Mes amis, the night before Christmas is so busy. It is time to put the children to bed so Santa Claus can put the finishing touches on the presents. Santa always must assemble a bicycle, a train set, a doll house or a Barbie set. La Barbie, she gets around. Perhaps you will be hosting a Christmas party. This is not the time to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen. But, of course, you will want your friends and family to think that you have labored for hours to prepare this delicious meal. Chef Bubba is here to help you.
Beef in Wine Sauce
Broccoli Au Gratin
Ice Cream Sundaes
Beef in Wine Sauce (4-6 servings)
24 oz. beef sirloin, trimmed of all fat
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 envelope onion soup, dry mix
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 Tbs cornstarch
1 ½ cups Merlot
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1. Cut beef into bite size cubes.
2. Chop onion.
3. In a slow cooker, combine beef, onions, mushrooms, onion soup mix, wine, garlic and pepper.
4. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
5. Add cornstarch ½ hour before serving to thicken sauce.
6. Serve over egg noodles if desired.
Bon Appetit and Merry Christmas!