Turkey Tetrazzini - great casserole for those turkey leftovers
I took the Fabric Maverick's advice about thoroughly cleaning my house including shampooing the carpet. Now It will need only a light dusting between parties. I hope that Thanksgiving was satisfying for all. I always plan to have a little turkey left over so I can make my favorite casserole- Turkey Tetrazzini.
1-2 cups of chopped turkey
2 cups whole grain angel hair pasta
1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
1 Tb flour
1 Tb butter
1 cup milk
Parmesan cheese to taste
1 clove minced garlic
1. Melt butter in pan. Saute mushrooms and garlic until done. Add 1 TB flour. If mixture appears too thick, add a little more butter.
2. Add milk and stir until sauce thickens slightly.
3. Add turkey and stir.
4. Prepare pasta according to package instructions and drain.
5. Arrange pasta in two quart casserole dish which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Pour turkey mixture over pasta reserving 1/2 c of sauce. Mix thoroughly and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Cook at 350 degrees until bubbly. If top appears dry add remaining sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can adjust the ingredients to your taste.
Serve with crisp green salad and French bread for a great meal at little cost.
Speaking of small cost, we at Fabric.com have been cooking up some deals for you. Check out our 12 days of Christmas deals starting tomorrow. I have my eye on filling my Christmas stocking with some of these deals.