The Fabric Maverick asks... What is in your craft box?
When I asked myself this question, I had not visited my craft "box" in a long time. I actually have about 3 drawers and a cabinet of assorted craft supplies. Looking at these supplies is like walking down memory lane.
1. I have 3 boxes of fabric and stencil paints with assorted brushes and cleaners. There was a time when I painted almost anything from terra cotta pots to cabinet doors. I still have a beautiful stenciled magnolia garland over my front door arch. It was a lot of work but well worth the effort. A friend stenciled an ivy border on her hardwood floor.
2. I have ribbons. I used to make hair barrettes and headbands for my daughter. I loved to work with ribbon.
3. I have assorted knitting needles, crochet needles and leftover bits of yarn. In fact I still have a half-finished Cabbage Patch Doll sweater attached to a set of needles. Of course, I still have that Cabbage Patch Doll, too.
4. I have boxes of embroidery floss. I cross-stitched for years. It was a wonderfully portable project. I could cross-stitch anywhere from the waiting room in the doctor's office to business trips. I still use the thread occasionally on small projects. I broke down one day and gave away all my books and magazines on cross-stitching.
5. The backbone of my craft box is my hot glue gun, hot glue sticks, heavy duty stapler, staples, mod podge, poly-urethane spray, all kinds of glue, glitter and needles. I even have Plaster of Paris.
6. I have beads-tons of beads. These are my daughter's beads. She spent hours creating necklaces, bracelets,etc.
Now some of you might say that it is time to clean out the craft "box", but I say it is time to update the craft box.
If you have not noticed, we have just created a craft section. Watch it grow! I have my eye on the crystals. I have never applied crystals but I think I see some sparkly T shirts in my future; If there is something you would like added to the craft section relating to fabric, let us know.