The Fabric Maverick gives gift tips for Mother's Day!
Mother's Day is Sunday. I know I would love any one of these gifts. I hope that a certain someone is listening. If not, I will forward this article to them. It is not subtle, but very effective.
1. A gift certificate. I do not consider gift certificates as impersonal. I will take one any day.
2. Moda's Sweets Box: This is two mini honeybuns and pattern instructions in an adorable pastry box. All you need is a ribbon. A box of chocolates would be a nice addition.
3. Sidewinder Portable Bobbin Winder. This is perfect for anyone who sews.
4. Craft Books. I love books! I am happy just reading them without ever completing a project. We have some great new books such as the Heather Ross Weekend Sewing Book and French General: Home Sewn. For the mothers who are interested in the recycling movement, there is Sewing Green.
5. Craftmates Easy Stack Ribbon Rack Storage Box- I love storage boxes. This is to store ribbon. My ribbon always end up in a jumble. Not a pretty sight.
Friday, Chef Bubba will have a delectable, fattening dessert for Mom. Maybe she will share!