With Love...from Chef Bubba
Mes petite amies, it is my joy to tell you that you can have your sale and chocolate too! I have devised this recipe for you only. Just a token of my admiration for you lovely ladies who spend all your time making other people happy!
There is something in this recipe for everyone.
Black-Bottom Pecan Cheesecake Pie
1 deep dish pie crust
3 Tbsp. whipping cream
1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup light corn syrup
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 1/3 cups pecan halves
Chocolate syrup, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Microwave chocolate morsels and 3 Tbsps. whipping cream in a small microwave proof bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1-1 1/2 minutes or until morsels begin to melt. Watch closely so chocolate will not burn. Whisk smooth and set aside.
3. Beat softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar,1 tsp.vanilla,and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into pie crust and spread evenly across the bottom.Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over chocolate layer.
4. Whisk together corn syrup, melted butter, remaining 3 eggs, remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, pinch of salt, and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla. Stir in pecans, pour over cream cheese layer.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until set, shielding pie crust edges after about 45 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle each slice with chocolate syrup if desired.
If this does not bring your husband or boyfriend to his knees, throw him to the curb. He does not deserve you!
The pie will be extremely full. I would place the pie crust on a cookie sheet before filling. so you will not spill it.
Happy Valentine's Day!